We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Mango cake
Ripe mangoes steal the show in this easy peasy cheesecake recipe. Use tinned mango if out of season.
237 people made this
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 300ml double cream
- 1-2 ripe sliced mangoes
- 3 passion fruit
MethodPrep:30min ›Extra time:8hr freezing › Ready in:8hr30min
- Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round springform cake tin. Line base and side with baking parchment.
- Place biscuits in food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add butter, and process until combined. Press biscuit mixture evenly over base of prepared tin. Place tin in fridge.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and lime zest. Beat for 2 minutes. Add cream. Beat for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick. Spoon into prepared tin.
- Place mango in a food processor. Process until smooth. Fold mango through cream cheese mixture to create a marbled effect. Cover with cling film. Place in the freezer overnight or until firm.
- Remove cheesecake to a plate. Stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Top with passion fruit pulp. Serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(14)
Reviews in English (14)
Absolutely delicious. I can make a mean vanilla cheesecake but thought about trying a fruity one. So glad I did.-08 Mar 2014
Made this the night before a BBQ, was lovely! I whipped the double cream and then added to the cream cheese mixture, this gave it a good thick texture to spread on the base, and only needed to be refrigerated for a few hours before ready to serve. As it was thick, I couldn't swirl the mango purée on so this went on top, but still tasted lovely-24 May 2015