We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken leg
Tandoori chicken, a perfect dinner when served with salad and rice.....! The marinade is easy, using shop bought tandoori spice.
County Mayo, Ireland
90 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 1 Kg of chicken
- 80g natural yoghurt
- 9g tandoori masala spice mix
- 8.5g vegetable oil
- 1kg chicken thighs or drumsticks
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr ›Extra time:3hr marinating › Ready in:4hr20min
- Mix yoghurt with the dry mix and oil. Blend into a smooth paste.
- Cut a few diagonal stripes into the top of the chicken with a sharp knife. Rub the marinade well into the chicken especially the cuts.
- Put in a suitable dish, cover with cling film and leave for at least 2-3 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C (fan) / Gas 6. Remove chicken from fridge and wrap individual pieces of chicken in foil and roast for an hour making sure juices run clear or stick them on a BBQ. After oven cooking you could blacken the chicken under the grill or on BBQ.
- Serve with salad and/or rice. Garnish with a slice of lemon and coriander (optional).
Longer the marinade process the tastier it is.To make more, these ingredients are per 1kg of meat so 2kg of meat double rest of ingredients and so on. Whole chicken breasts can be used also same method and cooking times.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
I love this!!I have made this about 10 times now, and its been great every time. A regular favourite in my house!I use chicken breasts istead of the thighs/drumsticks and use fat free greek yogurt to make it a bit healthier. I make up this whole amount for this recipe for two chicken breasts.-06 Aug 2011
Restraunt quality!!!!-06 May 2010
This is for Spice Queen, Ian Forbes, if you are unable to find the powder, this will hopefully float your boat, i have done this recipe, both ways and its delish1 cup plain yogurt1 tablespoon lemon juice1 teaspoon allspice1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper1 teaspoon ground cinnamon2 teaspoons ground cumin1 teaspoon ground ginger2 teaspoons salt1 teaspoon smoked paprika1 tablespoon finely minced garlic1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic-31 Mar 2015