We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Bean salad
- Chickpea salad
This colourful chickpea salad is tasty and super healthy - lots of fibre from the chickpeas, and loads of veg to get you to your five a day. Perfect for picnics.
53 people made this
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 (400g) tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 large red peppers, diced
- 2 large yellow peppers, diced
- 1 green chilli, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Ready in:10min
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix in the chickpeas, red peppers, yellow peppers, chilli, red onion and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Refrigerate salad 2 to 4 hours before serving.
Though you don't have to chill before serving, the salad really is best when the flavours have a chance to meld!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(19)
Reviews in English (12)
Very tasty; crunchy with a nice tang to it. I didn't have a chilli to hand so I used a tsp of mild chilli powder and it probably could have taken more, or a hotter powder.-24 Apr 2015
With only one red pepper, onion and jalapeno mixed in with a 15oz can of garbanzo beans, I knew I'd need another can of beans. I don't know how anyone could use 4 bell peppers and still expect to find a chickpea on their fork!!! This was fresh and easy to make, but I changed the recipe a lot (leaving out 3 peppers, adding another can of beans). Maybe I shouldn't even have reviewed it??-19 Jul 2006
by Toni & Don
We just tried this recipe and everyone loved it. I added cilantro instead of the parsley and added chopped kalamata olives. The possibilities are endless. I found that I would use 2 cans of the garbanzos if using 2 of each peppers.-18 Aug 2007