We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
- Roast chicken breasts
Chicken breasts topped with garlic and onions, then roasted in lemon juice and white wine. A simple, light supper when paired with a green salad.
89 people made this
- 2 medium onions, sliced into rings
- 1 head garlic - cloves separated, peeled, and sliced
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100ml (4 fl oz) white wine
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- paprika to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 175 C / Gas mark 4. Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Layer the bottom of the baking dish with 1/2 the onions and 1/2 the garlic. Pour lemon juice and white wine into the baking dish. Season chicken with paprika, salt and pepper, and place in the baking dish. Top with remaining onions and garlic.
- Roast 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken juices run clear.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(63)
Reviews in English (50)
Altered ingredient amounts.I put a little more white wine and dotted it with butter. 100 mls of wine is a good amount however because the wine taste was quite strong with my version! The butter was nice. I wouldve put more paprika too as I dont think paprika is an overpowering flavour.-11 Oct 2009
I added more paprika than in the recipe to perk it up; I also probably added more wine too. We ate it the following day and the chicken was very tender (maybe from sitting in the wine for 24 hours?) although the onions a little dry. I would probably make again but perhaps experiment a bit more with various ingredients.-10 Mar 2016
This was really easy to make but I was disappointed with the taste, there wasn't much of it. I also found it quite dry, would probably put foil over it if I did it again. I should probably point out though that I know nothing about wine and so bought the cheapest that came in a mini bottle, that may have been the problem.-18 Sep 2011